The joys of owning a home and growing old. Yesterday the power was out for 7 hours, NOT 5 hours according to our stove clock which reset to 12 when it powered on again.
Melissa was gone almost all day with the kids and as a good wife did what I told her to do when leaving. She pulled the garage door off the track, opened it manually, pulled the car out and then locked the door from inside and then went out the front door of the house, locking it as well.
This is where it gets interesting. I arrived a 4:30 pm, I tried the garage door opener, the door did not open, so I thought that power was off. So then I tried it again and I could hear it running, but the door would not open. So then I tried the house key on the front door. This is where it all gets real fun. The front door has 2 locks. The one lock is our house key and the other lock it the builders master key. YUP that's right the builders key. So I was locked out of the house.
Lucky for me the neighbor friend works in the cabinet install business and luck would have it, he had the builders key. So I guess in the mad rush of the last week before we closed this was missed by all the parites involved. Note to self do not lock both locks on the front door. ARGH.
Mom should get a good read out of this next one. The lawnmower, she used when she was here finally ran out of gas. I let it sit as I trimmed the rest of the yard, then put in new gas, and well 24 hours later it still will not start and I think my arm is 6 inches longer. I've pulled the cord about a hundred times. The silly thing will not start. ARGH.
Drafted by: Brian
July 2011 house building photos
15 years ago



1 comment:
So still no bathroom install? And too bad we don't have our artificial turf (in my dreams) installed, so we could give you our Toro self-propelled mower. You had snow last week and this week you're mowing the lawn? Sounds crazy. I made 2 trips to the dump today with debris I trimmed from the trees (mostly the neighbor's) in the back yard a couple weeks ago. It's been a long time coming and I finally broke down and took the trash to the dump (because we had 3 other families coming over tonight for family night and with temps in the 80s, we figured we had to use the patio; it's so comfortable outside at dinner time). Hang in there with the homeowner stuff ... it only gets worse. And get this, we still haven't replaced our locks that in theory the builders still have a master key to. Gotta do that one of these days.
Post a Comment