Brian's entire family was here visiting for the Holidays. It was so fun to have everyone together, which doesn't happen very often. Brian's parents live in New York and his sister, Angie, lives in Vermont.
Our first event together was operation Christmas Morning. It took several hours to open all the gifts. I guess that comes with having 11 people in the house.
The boys got Band Hero for Christmas. You can't really see the box here, but the smiles and rock out sign it evident. Band Hero brought us much entertainment through the Holidays.
Sunday we had our family photo taken up at the state capitol building. It was good to finally get a new updated Codella extended family photo. Afterwards we had a great chinese dinner and went to Temple Square to see the lights. AJ cried the whole time and wanted to go back to the car, so the trip was short but beautiful.
Tuesday was the big skiing day. Peter, Angie, Vinnie, Brian, Melissa and Joni ventured up on the slopes of Park City Ski Resort. Vickie came along to watch all our goods and relax in the resort. I'm not in perfect ski form for sure (I'm not 23 anymore), but I think I did better than last time I went. I really enjoyed this day. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for watching the 7 grandkids so we could go.
Wednesday we spent the day running Vinny to the slopes at Alta, and running the Grandparents to the airport. Vinny got stuck on the mountain at Alta because of a large storm, so it took him close to 2 1/2 hours to get down off the mountain.
Thursday we ran Ange and Vinny to the airport. And spent the day cleaning the house. Not much cleaning was done while the guests were here. We spent New Years Eve with my family at my mom's house. All the boys stayed up until midnight to ring in the new year.
Monday morning came real early with the shock of getting out of bed and getting ready for school. The boys were pretty tired all week trying to get back in the routine of going to bed early and getting up early.
Thanks to all our family for making the trip out west and making wonderful memories.



No comments:
Post a Comment