Thursday, September 10, 2009

If you thought butter was bad....

It is such a great day to bottle peaches, I say to myself. So I am dutifully working in my kitchen doing the peaches that have been put off for a week now. AJ is playing a game on his DS on the couch. Nick is being so quiet in the pantry....wait quiet is not a good thing with Nick. So I put the peaches aside to check on Nick. I open the pantry door, and suprise Nick is up to no good. He has opened the crisco and is dipping chips into it and eating them. Which is by itself, not a good thing. Then my eyes scan around and discover that he has covered himself, the door, door knob, shelves, stool, bread maker, and the floor (oh my poor floor). The dog joins in and starts eating the crisco. Bye, dog, out you go.

I take a moment to gain my composure (and not kill anyone), and I realize that I need to take a picture of this moment (could be great for blackmail later in life). I love Nick just sitting here looking at me his little mind going "does she want me to say cheese or is this not a good moment".

My first batch of peaches are done for the season and it only took me 3 hours. Next I'll wait till Brian is home to do a batch, maybe I could cut that time in half. SMILE!







3 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

O my word!! What a sight to behold. Kudos to you for making it a Kodak moment, too. Crisco and chips?! Who would have thought...

Maryann said...

So what did you get it out with? I need to add it to my holy trinity list.

Unknown said...

Two words "Super Nanny"