In just the last 2 weeks life has been going every which way. I'm finally at a stopping point to sit back and relax a little. I wanted to post so many of the new things that have happened. I also posted a few photos on my "codella family site": http://www.codella.info/.
I'll start with the big 8 year old boy. A lot of things happen when your little guy turns 8. All of the sudden he isn't so little....he's growing up. Carter was baptized on May 3rd. What a great spiritual experience we had as a family. I loved seeing him in his white outfit with his daddy.
Then the following Tuesday Carter had a big presentation he needed to give in his 2nd grade class. He spent several months preparing and researching the topic of "Outer Space". And for part of his research he wrote a letter to former Senator Jake Garn. Jake Garn responded by coming to Carter's class to tell of his experience as an astronaut. Carter was so excited to be bringing a real astronaut to his class. Carter did a great job of presenting his research and also introducing Jake Garn. I was very thankful that Jake Garn took the time to come to Carter's class and make a little boy's dream come alive.
Along with turning 8 comes the introduction of boy scouts. Wow-that's a crazy one for Mom. I don't understand a thing about boy scouts. Carter loves to go. It was a strange feeling dressing him in his shirt and scarf and sending him out the door that day. I was pretty emotional, almost like sending him to school and his first day. You just realize that your sweet baby is getting so big. All these milestones for a little 8 year old boy, and a Mom tagging along who is just hoping she's doing something right.
I posted my Mother's Day photos and blog on the other website. So go check it out.
Have a good weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment