Sunday, February 03, 2008

Holy Snow Batman!












You know it's going to be good when you get a call from the Elder's Quorom presidend early Sunday morning. "The Bishop has decided to cancel church today and askes all the members to stay home with their families and have your own testimony meeting", he says. Wow, cancel church?? That is a first in the 32 years of my life that this has ever happened. I was just talking last month with my father-in-law about how we never have had church canceled. He lives in NY and has had church canceled often because of snow and the distance they need to travel to get to the church house. I can understand that. But I live 1 block from my church house. So I had to get up and see what all the fuss was about. It was the"biggy" as the weather man had said last night. We've got piles of drifted snow as high as 3 feet in the backyard. And probable a foot on the driveway.


The boys went absolutely nuts. They saw the snow out the window and couldn't get their snow suits on fast enough. AJ was so sad that I wouldn't let him out in the snow with his RSV lungs. He kept looking out the window calling Carter and Luke's names.


I put my boots on and treched out to take a few pictures. Brian had been out their working on the driveway for 2 hours by the time I got the picture taken of him, so the driveway is all clear. He also helped the neighbors clear their driveways. The boys took to making an igloo right away, with lots of little tunnels. I'm waiting with hot chocolate inside for when they come in. I'm sure that will be another hour or so.


I guess we will spend a February Super Bowl Sunday inside watching the game with the fire going and a blanket for everyone.

No comments: