I know you thought the day would NEVER come. Melissa giving in to her kids pleading....."mom, plleeeaaase can we get a dog!!!" I was so firm and steadfast in my confident "NO WAY!" But then I just decided to look in the KSL classifieds and Carter saw me....I was doomed. He spent days looking at dogs online and begging me to come see every dog he found. My heart started to soften when I saw those cute little puppies. I started to think that my 4 boys could use a dog and a little responsibility. So I was suckered in. And isn't HE just so cute? Yes, it's a boy. I couldn't even get a girl dog. He is a Yorkie, and so cute and fluffy.

We took him to the Vet last week and he weighed 3 lbs. I told the Vet that I had 4 boys that love the little guy. This is his response, "If you can survive puppyhood, you can survive your 4 boys." He stressed to me how hard puppies are, and without saying right out, How crazy I was for buying a puppy.

The CLAN is really good with him. And so is half the neighborhood. He is very well socialized.
AJ tells me everyday that "COSMO" is his best friend. Carter will hug him and tell him how much he loves him. It's those moments, (and those only), that I think I did the right thing. When I find pooh on my floor and spend a night holding the dog while he pukes up human food, I'm not so certain. By the way, dogs don't do chips, gummy bears, or pork chops.

Can you resist such a cute little face?

I'm sure I'll be posting more "doggy drama" as the days go on. But for right now, all is well and we will have this new adventure together as a family.
1 comment:
Lol! Yes, I think that keeping human food away from the dog will be the biggest challenge. I saw my kitchen after only 2 of your boys had a sandwich there. Puppy delight!
Post a Comment