Carter had 3 weeks off track in March, so the crazy Mom that I am, I decided to take the boys to Las Vegas for a week and then a weekend adventure to California to see the beach and the ocean. It was a whirlwind of a trip with a lot of driving. The boys were so good in the car, and AJ was a great baby considering how long he had been in a car seat. We drove to Vegas on Friday and spent the week playing with the Codella cousins. We were deffinately enjoying the 90 degree weather. We mostly played in the backyard for the whole day. It was fun to just sit and relax and watch the kids play. Then Thursday my Mom and Sister flew down to join us on our trip to CA. It was so nice to have company in the car for the 4 hour drive (which took us 6) to CA. We stayed with my Cousin Chris Collings and his great family at their home in Hacienda Heights, CA. When we got to CA the kids couldn't wait to get to the beach so we went straight to the beach and spent a cold windy afternoon in the water. (It was pretty miserable). The boys had a great time though. We came back home and had a great meal with the cousins.
Saturday we set out for Legoland. We finally got to our destination around 2:00 just to find out the park closes at 5:00. We still made the venture in and ended up having a great time. I just wish we had more time there to do all the attractions. I thought I had left my camera home, just to find out it was in my diaper bag and with me the whole time. Sometimes I'm a little looney. So Vickey, my sister-in-law, took the liberty of taking pictures for me. (So you may go check out Peter's website for more photos of the beach, Legoland, and Rosemead Gardens.)
Sunday we went and saw my cousin Chris's store called Rosemead Gardens. He
had all kinds of great statues, and fountains for your yard. Then we headed to Laguna Beach for the afternoon. We had a great time and even the sun came out for a peek or two. We ate dinner at a great Mexcian place by the shore and headed back to Las Vegas around 7:30 pm. We finally got to Vegas around midnight. We woke up bright and early for the 6 hour drive to SLC. We finally pulled in the driveway around 6:00. We were all very greatful to be home and to have our own beds. I'm sure glad we made the trip. We have such good memories.
Here is Pete's blog address to view more pictures: http://petecodella.blogspot.com/



2 comments:
I am so jealous...I miss out on all the great Codella family fun!
I keep telling Vinny that we need to move WEST!
Vance would love to play with his cousins!
I love the three smiles in the last photo. How funny!
Post a Comment